Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Joel is AMAZING!

I forgot to take a "before" picture, so these are stage 1 photos. Actually they are stage 2, since stage 1 was pouring the concrete. First Joel dug up the side next to the sidewalk and the neighbor's driveway. He made dividers and poured and leveled the concrete. Last weekend he set the blocks with mortar. He completed 1 row of blocks down the side of the yard and 2 rows in the front. He also ran electricity so we can have a light on the column at the corner of the driveway. He plans to do 3 or 4 rows in the front and 2 or 3 rows going up the side. All of that will have to wait until the next weekend he has off!
He really wanted to finish the first row on the side before he stopped for the night, so I put Laura to bed and then wrapped up in a blanket. I read my book while sitting in a camping chair in the garage so I could keep him company. It was cold, so I made us some hot chocolate while he was working.
Once the blocks are finished he plans to cover them in stacked stone or tile. We haven't decided which one yet. It looks amazing, and I am so PROUD of him for all his hard work!






Who needs toys when you can sit in the dirt with a fork?

No comments: