Friday, August 21, 2009

3 year anniversary

Last Wednesday Joel and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary. Wow, we can’t believe it has gone by so fast! We celebrated by going out to dinner at Chili’s and splitting the Paradise Pie (which IS Paradise!) We took Laura with us because we can’t get enough of her! She is so cute! We’ll really celebrate our anniversary in Sept when we go to San Diego. Cousin Gamze will enjoy playing with Laura!

While Laura was taking a nap today I thought it might be a good time to start organizing all the wedding and shower cards to scrapbook. (It’s only been 3 years, I obviously did not feel the need to rush!) It was fun re-reading the good wishes of our family and friends as we prepared to be married for time and all eternity in the Redlands CA temple. Halfway through the cards, I came across an envelope. Strange, because I normally throw all envelopes away and only keep the card. So I opened it and lo and behold, out fell a check! I would cash it, but since the date on the check is 2006, I doubt the bank would accept it. Ha Ha Ha!

So here’s my advice to Katelyn who is getting married in October (we will miss you!!!) and also to my brother Jed and his finance Paige (Congrats again!) DON’T WAIT!

PS: IF YOU RECOGNIZE THIS CHECK AS YOURS AND FEEL THE NEED TO RE-ISSUE IT, DON’T. It’s going in the scrapbook on the page titled “For a good laugh keep reading”

1 comment:

Brittne said...

LOL I did that like 2 years ago!!! I was going threw birthday cards of anthonys and devons and i found 3 cards with a 20 dollar bill in them and a card for anthony from his parents with 140 dollars in it luckly it was all cash cause it was from the year before